The Holiday Update (v1.1.1) has gone live and there’s a few things to note about it. The first thing I wondered before we knew was whether or not winter/snow biomes will be a holiday thing only or if it will persist into future world generations. Turns out it will be in every world generated during the holiday season and has a 1 in 3 chance of being generated in the map outside of the season.
Here’s a list of some of the changes:
● Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Snow Blocks.
● Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
● Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
● Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
● Added Snow Globe.
● Added Santa’s Outfit.
● Added Snowman Gangsta.
● Added Mister Stabby.
● Added Snow Balla.
● Added Santa Claus.
● Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season. There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.
There’s also a pretty good amount of performance additions and bug fixes as well including reducing the amount of RAM needed for Terraria and the ability to turn off the backgrounds (which I’m a huge fan of). Items dropped by hardcore and mediumcore players will now retain their enchantments, hair shows underneath hats, and they have improved the automatic game quality adjuster. Check it all out in their 1.1.1 Update post on the Terraria Forums.
Just launch Terraria normally and it should update itself.