New expansion for WoW announced at Blizzcon today. Here’s the reveal trailer to get your feet wet:
Here’s a little bit about what we know so far.
- Garrosh will be put on trial and escape before a verdict. He is going back in time, altering the current timeline slightly.
- Garrosh’s goal is to stop the Orcs from drinking the blood of Mannoroth and building the Iron Horde using technology from the present.
- The end of this expansion is going to spill over into the next one. Many more expansions are lined up now.
- Homeworld of the Orcs, heart of the Draenei, lots of giants, seven new zones.
- The Iron Horde is here to take an army into Azeroth and your job is to stop them.
- Netherstorm will be used in a future patch, not at launch.
New Player Models
- New models have lots of facial detail, teeth, tongues, smiles, and animations. Gnome, Orc, and Dwarf are ready for preview.
- Dwarf (click to view)
- Orc (click to view)
- Gnome (click to view)
- Build your own base on Draenor, WoW version of Housing (and return of MoP farm likely)
- Your friends can come and see it, trade resources.
- Collect followers and send them on missions, raids, quests, etc.
- Collect trophies from achievements, mount rare spawn heads on walls, etc.
- Buildings provide unique buffs/bonuses
- Upgradeable similar to the MoP farm
Boost to 90
- New levelcap of 100
- Warlords of Draenor will boost one of your characters to Level 90 for free.
- The boost will clean up your bags, quest log, and action bar to reduce the mess.
Dungeons Raids and PvP
- Seven new dungeons at launch – 4 for levelling, 3 for level cap
- Two new raids for level cap
- Mythic new difficulty harder than Heroic
- Ashran new PVP zone, persistant with no start/end like Wintergrasp – more like original AV
For a more detailed breakdown and more info, head over to MMO-Champion.