So if you’re not excited enough about the possibility of playing the Guild Wars 2 Beta next weekend, get ready to reserve this weekend as well. Anyone with a valid Battle.net ID is eligible to play the Diablo III Open Beta this weekend. It starts at noon Pacific time so that gives you approximately 4 hours to stock up on energy drinks, pizza and bugles chips.
All you need to do is:
- Log in or create a Battle.net account at http://www.battle.net
- Create your BattleTag™, which is required to play Diablo III
- Download the game client, install, and play between 12:01 p.m. PDT April 20 and 10:00 a.m. PDT April 23
You won’t have access to the Blizzard beta forums but we’ll be setting up a new Diablo III section in our forums today for discussion about the beta and upcoming D3 news. If you have any issues, post them in our forums or check the known issues list.
Here are some more tips:
Some tips for the beta:
- Turn on Elective Mode in the Gameplay options. This lets you personalize your equipped skills more
- Turn on Advanced tooltips for your skills under Gameplay options.
- Rings only drop from the skeletons before you fight the beta-boss. There’s a vendor in the second area of New Tristram that has a tab for rings.
- There are no amulets in the beta
- Crafting is good but make sure you pay attention to the level requirements of the item. You are able to craft gear in the beta that you can never equip due to the level cap.
We’re about a month away from the actual release so if you don’t feel like downloading and installing the beta and would rather save your time for the full game release, check out MrCarrier’s Twitch.tv channel as he’s likely to be streaming it.