The Warlords of Draenor pre-patch goes live today for WoW players and with it a lot of changes. Most of these are going to be beneficial quality of life changes but some big ones like major class changes and the “stat squish” will probably take some time adjusting to.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the quality of life improvements.
- Character models for races from the original game Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Draenei have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals.
- The quest log has been integrated into the world map to make it easier to know where to go and what to do.
- Some quest items no longer take up space in the inventory and can be accessed through the Quest Tracker.
- Items in the inventory now have a colored border around them to indicate their quality from Poor (grey) to Legendary (orange).
- Tradeskill materials now stack up to 200 (up from 20).
- Fun items accumulated through the course of travels now have a new home in the Toy Box. Eligible items can be learned by right- clicking on the item in the inventory. Once learned, the item is available account-wide and accessible to all characters on the account.
- Want to complete the collection? Like the Mount and Pet Journal, items that haven’t been unlocked yet will show information on how the item can be obtained.
- Bags can now be assigned to a specific item type (Equipment, Consumables, and Trade Goods). The bag will display a mini-icon showing what type of item it’s assigned to.
- Added a “Clean up Bags” button to automatically sort items in the character’s inventory, moving all empty slots to one area, and automatically sorting items to the correct bag. There’s also the option to ignore a bag from cleanup.
- A Reagent Bank tab has been added to the Bank providing storage for raw materials.
- Characters can now craft using the materials stored in both their Reagent Bank and Bank from anywhere.
- Characters can now purchase an additional tab for Void Storage. That’s an extra 80 spaces!
For a full list of changes and some more information on the stat-squish and new itemization features such as Bonus Armor and Multistrike (along with the removal of hit and expertise) check out the Bnet post (or the cached version)