Forum Helper
Steam Alias:MuchTooSexy
What Games Do You Play?:Pirates of the Burning Sea
Favorite Type of Game?:PC First Person Shooters
Favorite Type of Game?:Console First Person Shooters
Favorite Type of Game?:MMORPG's
avcom, sword of david and dirty fighting

Post by mts » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:12 pm

carrier.. can you post your dirty fighting spec for us?

and what exactly needs to be done to get the sword of david?.... is there a write up somewhere?

carrier
Forum Helper
Forum Helper
Steam Alias:Mr.Carrier
What Games Do You Play?:World of Warcraft

Re: avcom, sword of david and dirty fighting

Post by carrier » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:20 am

You want to get the Besieged Tortuga Epic missions from the Broadsheet Peddler. You must be a Captain's Club Member to have access to the quests.

There are a series of repeatable quests, turn-ins, and main quests. The final quest is the one where you farm for the Sword of David. Your group leader has to have the quest; you dont have to have the quest yourself (which is what I did, and farmed it all day). There is another AvCom instance you can farm for the other rep you need to get the other AvCom items. You need at least 5-6 people to compete these instances.

As far as my Dirty Fighter spec... I'm no expert but here is what I have. I have no idea if its that great, but it seems like it'll do fine.

I have:
6 in Control - nice 1-2 stun/bleed combo
7 in Defense - defense buff, HP heal, Guard heal
4 in Offense - offense buffs
3 in Black Powder - knockdown shot

Here is a link that shows what I currently have: http://www.potbs-companion.net/skills/d ... uild=67430

I would suggest stacking as much +HP and +Guard as you can. I'm up to 340 HP and 436 Guard.
The Blathering Sycophant ~~ My Live Stream!

mts
Forum Helper
Forum Helper
Steam Alias:MuchTooSexy
What Games Do You Play?:Pirates of the Burning Sea
Favorite Type of Game?:Console First Person Shooters

Post by mts » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:44 pm

i went with some random spec i saw on the forums that goes pretty deep into black powder for stuns and stuff. it seems to do okay, but i haven't tried it out in boarding combat yet.

i also went and traded my lvl 50 career quest reward sword from florentine to the dirty fighting version... (you can freely trade your career rewards at your career base in the capital.... back in the day, the career rewards were the best weapons. that was until the "raid instances" were put in..... and then they seemed to have added "daily missions" now....

carrier
Forum Helper
Forum Helper
Steam Alias:Mr.Carrier
What Games Do You Play?:World of Warcraft

Post by carrier » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Brawling seems to be a pretty powerful as well and might be a good alternative if you dont have a good dirty fighting sword (like the sword of david). I fought 2 pirates the other day in boarding combat. The first was a brawler and I had one more wave than him - I could beat him 1-on-1, but he wiped out my crew FAST. I barely beat him. The second was also a brawler and he had a lot more waves than me. But that didn't matter, he wooped my ass. It wasn't even close. I don't know what build they were using, or what gear they had, but they both had a TON of HP (over 400) and a lot of guard (350 or more).

So my thought/theory is that you need to be able to outlast your opponent and his crew. The more guard, HP, and damage resist you have the more abuse you can absorb from his crew and still have enough left over to 1v1 him. I don't think its worth stacking a lot of dodge/parry because from my understanding it consumes initiative when you dodge/parry. And you need that initiative for sustained damage
The Blathering Sycophant ~~ My Live Stream!