[NEWS]NationVoice MIA

News from the frontpage will be crossposted here. Comment on the frontpage or reply here to discuss the news articles.

Moderators:mts, taova, carrier, Morgan

bokou
Administrator
Administrator
What Games Do You Play?:Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty 4
Favorite Type of Game?:PC First Person Shooters
Favorite Type of Game?:MMORPG's
Aliases:Bokou, Gill, Lovaire, Grill, Bokia, Crowder
Computer:Coolermaster HAF case, AMD Radeon 6970, 8gb G-Skill 1600, 1200w Corsair PSU, Asus Crosshair IV Formula, Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler, AMD 965 3.4ghz (OC'd to 4.0ghz)
[NEWS]NationVoice MIA

Post by bokou » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:30 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

I got a new card from the bank and changed my automatic renewal across several services from Netflix to Google. I went to change it on my NationVoice but there's no option to do so unless it's approved by a support ticket. That was a week ago and the ticket hasn't been answered. After tweeting and getting no response, I went to give them a Facebook page visit only to find that it's disappeared. After some more digging I found this Reddit post and it appears that NationVoice is MIA. They didn't pay their license fees to Ventrilo and all of their Ventrilo servers have been suspended. NationVoice has apparently been shut down for who knows how long. All I know is that I'm not sticking around to find out how long. Over the next few days I'll be shopping Ventrilo hosts. If you know of any let me know!

For the time being, stay away from NationVoice until they can get their stuff sorted out. Even then - consider that this could happen again at any point considering it happened this time.

Update: We've switched from Ventrilo to Mumble. The quality difference is astounding and the latency between when one person speaks and the other person hears it is as close to instant as you could imagine. We've got a Mumble server through CommandChannel.com and the prices are extremely reasonable.
Steam Profile: Bokou
BF3 Profile: CaptBokou
The Rants and Raves
Bokou's Mumble Server: Click Here
JOB Minecraft Server: games.journeyofbokou.com
JOB Terraria Server: Offline
JOB WoW Server: Click For Info