Rockstar has released the cover art for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V and it looks exactly like everyone expected it to look. At least they’re sticking true to their style and not making any changes. They’re not dumb and know that the cover art for the Grand Theft Auto series is instantly recognizable to most people who own a console or play video games.
They’re still being tight-lipped about a PC version release which is the norm. GTA IV was released in April of 2008 and the PC version didn’t hit digital shelves until December of that year. As long as it’s not like Red Dead Redemption and skips PC altogether, I’ll be happy.
There’s likely a game approaching completion that I’ve been waiting on for a while now. Starbound’s lead dev Tiyuri tweeted asking about reasonable preorder prices. He also tweeted about a week ago asking about distribution methods (aside from Steam as it’s already confirmed the game will be on Steam).
According to some upcoming patch notes for the next WoW patch, there are some fairly large but readily accepted changes.
Incoming 5.3 Gear Changes
- Base Resilience will be set to 65% for all characters level 85 and higher
- Resilience will be removed from nearly all PvP gear
- Players will still be able to use Resilience gems and enchants
- PvP power will remain exclusively on PvP gear
- PvP set bonuses that currently provide Resilience will now provide PvP Power
- Healers and hybrid-casters will benefit to a greater degree from PvP Power, and Battle Fatigue will increase to make PvP gear superior for healers.
- Conquest gear will be increased to item level 496 (up from 493).
- Elite gear will be decreased to item level 496. This gear will essentially become a prestige upgrade.
- The Big Change: We will be adding an item level ceiling to all gear in unrated Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas. All gear with item levels higher than 496 will be scaled down to 496 (Conquest gear item level). This includes even Conquest items that exceed the ilevel ceiling, such as weapons.
I for one welcome this – I think it will allow me to talk my pvp-isn’t-fun friends into some PVP if they will have the same resilience as every other character. Obviously they won’t do quite the same damage as people with the good PVP gear, but I think it should level the playing field a bit and make PVP in WoW a bit more about the skill involved and not the gear.