Minecraft’s Release Candidate 2 is now available for download. It’s not the official release, rather a candidate for release for us to debug and find some places for improvement before they release it in a few days.
If you’re interested in the game – go ahead and buy it now to save $10. The price is going up to $28 USD.
Here’s the RC2 Changelist:
Changelist (will be updated):
- Wooden doors, trapdoors now work correctly.
- New sfx (also included in 1.8.1):
- Enderman sounds
- New hurt/death sounds for the player
- New “hit” sounds
- New explosion sounds
- New item pickup sounds
- New “toolbreak” sounds
- New eating sounds
- New arrow sounds
- New blaze sounds
- New XP pickup sounds
- Quit game button!
- Eggs spawn chicks instead of chickens. i.imgur.com/BSsKh.png
- New “toolbreak” particle effect.
- Bows have durability. i.imgur.com/YYgoI.png
- Weapon bug from RC1 is fixed.
- Shading on blocks in inventory! i.imgur.com/BRUAC.png
If you want the client, grab it here: http://assets.minecraft.net/rc2/minecraft.jar
If you want the server, grab it here: http://assets.minecraft.net/rc2/minecraft_server.jar